Not able to find the system fields. I want to add default value for 'description' field which is a system field
More context: I am a Jira admin & we use Jira cloud
@Anoop VK
I will list all solutions here:
Hello @Anoop VK
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
There is not a page in the UI that lists the System Fields. There is a page that lists Custom Fields which includes fields you have added and some fields that are added automatically by Jira Software and/or Jira Service Management.
When you say you want to add a value to the Description field, when do you want that value to appear? Are you trying to pre-fill the field so that the information will display when a user clicks on the Create Issue button? If so, refer to the solution described here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Default-text-for-Description-field-on-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/785597
Only Jira admin can see what are the available system fields in Jira . And if you want to add default value for description field for a particular project you can do it in project automation rule if you are admin of the project.
I am a Jira admin. However still not able to see system fields
@Jarosław Solecki [Deviniti] thank you for the response - considering option 3 - is it not possible to add default value to Jira System fields even if I am a Jira admin ?
This sounds good and the best feasible option
@Anoop VK Yes. It is not possible for company-managed projects. You can add default value to custom fields but the system fields are not available.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.