Hi,
I am trying to assess if Jira Service Management will work as a ticketing system for our small IT firm (we make websites for a range of clients). I am three days in and struggling with it to be honest!
Basically, we want to be able to assign assets or services to clients/customers e.g. Company A has three websites, url 1, url 2 and url 3. Then, when they make a Request they can choose from Affected Services, and select which site is having an issue.
However, when I have looked at the guidance around asset management and services, it wants us to link to BitBucket /link with change requests etc. We don't want to do anything that technical. Its more that we want to have data about a client, and then allow them to select from that pre-validated list.
Is this possible by using custom fields? or an add-on? I can't seem to find any way to configure the information we hold about Customers, or to provide a validated list of all our assets.
We are intending to purchase the Premium account if that helps.
Any help would be appreciated (I am not a developer but managing the business ops side/service desk etc) I have watched a lot of videos and read a lot of guidance, you are my last hope before we have to give up and go with another...
Thanks, Siobhan