I see the ability to do this when adding a new issue to the board, but the default text included in the description field doesn't carry over to the Form.
Hi Emma - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I am confused about the form. There is no form available for Jira Software. Can you provide some more details about what you are trying to do?
Hi, @Emma Cohen
And welcome to the Atlassian community.
Which Jira product did you use please?
How can I figure this out? I thought just Jira software.
I see and am using the forms tab. We don't use jira service mgmt, so don't believe it's that product
Ah, very good - thanks for sharing that. You actually have a Jira Work Management project in your image. Which, obviously, has forms available to it.
So now, let's deal with the default value. For the Description field, you cannot have a default value. You can create a new custom field of a Paragraph type (multi-line text) and put your default value in that field. And then put that field on the Form.
Then you can create an automation rule that copies the value from the custom field to the Description field when the issue is created if you like.
@Emma Cohen You are probably using the "jira work management" product.The forms in jira work management allow you to create issues without necessarily accessing the instance. once the design of the form is finished you can share it by email with other users. They can create issues from their emails, just by filling out the form.they will need to have the required permissions to do so.
Jira work management it seems
I tried this but when I create a paragraph type custom question, I got the answer that the custom field was unsupported. Any ideas why?
Thanks will try this. Do you have an example of how to create the automation rule?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.