I have a software project (Team Managed) using a Kanban board. When items are complete we move them to the Done column but periodically we want to clear those items from the board and attach them to a release. Basically, whatever is done at the time we push out a release needs to be added to the release, and then cleared from the board.
I know I can create a release. I know i can set the fix version in each individual issue to that release. But that's tedious. I know that if i enable the backlog view, i can select them all and drag them to the release. But enabling the backlog view means any new issues get put in the backlog and do not get immediately added to our board so i have backlog turned off.
If i look at the issues view i can query on the Status of Done, but this does not filter out items that are done and were previously cleared from the board. I haven't been able to determine what field is set when clearing items from the Kanban board. And I'm not sure if there is a good way to add multiple issues to a release by setting the Fix Version to the release without having to edit each individual issue.
Any help would be appreciated.