Hello,
I'm trying to create an automation where a set of sub-tasks are generated and given due dates based on the due date of the parent task. Is this possible?
Hi Ben,
Yes, this is possible. Can you post the rule that you have so far showing the details of the Due date field in the sub-tasks?
Basically, you want to put in the code for the Due Date for the sub-task to be {{issue.parent.duedate}}
@John Funk Hey John, how would I do parent's due date + 5 business days?
{{issue.parent.duedate.plusBusinessDays(5)}}
Thanks @John Funk , can you also do minus?
Hey @John Funk I just gave it a try and despite it saying that the automation ran successfully, there is no due date on the sub-task.
Can you share the entire rule?
And what is the value in the Parent?
I set the due date for the parent to today. @John Funk
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.