Greetings, I am a brand new Jira user setting up a service desk for a new company, we have set up an automation rule where the reporter via the Whatsapp integrater receives a comment, acknowledging receiving the ticket. I am wanting to add the "Ticket Number" and I use {{issue.key}}. This works but brings up the full URL is there any way of just putting the Key (RS 22 as an example. This is what comes up: "Your ticket number is https://reson18.atlassian.net/browse/RS-22#icft=RS-22"
Hi @Peter Jacobs ,
{{issue.key}} will only send the ticket key without the url. Please recheck your automation rule.
I have attached screenshot from my rule and email.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/
Hi Peter,
Just to verify from another post - you are send this from a Marketplace App for WhatsApp Connector. Is that correct?
Hi John Yes Whatsapp Connector
Yep, pretty sure you will need to contact the vendor directly to see how they are sending that over or if there is a change you can make to get what you need. This is not the standard Jira uses for that smart value.
Thanks so Much Rilwan, On the Comment it still give me the whole URL, there is nothing obvious that I can see in rules settings, (where should I look?)
Thanks so much
Ok so it works fine when I send an e-mail, but not on the Comments where I have to use it for the Whatsapp channel.
Hi @Peter Jacobs
For comments issue, please check with Plugin vendor as suggested by @John Funk
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.