I just created a new rule which will change due date of a dependent task when a due date of a main task is changed. When I went to dependent issue and tried to apply the rule using Automation and Rules Execution it shows the following. So the rule I created is not appearing there so that I can apply to this issue. Please help
Hi @Rajesh Patel,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
It is only manually triggered automations that will show up there and any automation that was triggered by the issue. If your automation is set to manual, make sure that you belong to the group that you configured the automation to be visible for.
Hello @Rajesh Patel
What do you want your rule to do?
Do you you want the rule to run automatically based on another event, like a field in the issue getting updated?
Do you want the rule to run only when a user manually clicks a button that executes the rule?
If the rule is not updating the issue the way you expect, please show us screen images that show all the steps in the rule. Also from the Audit Log tab for the rule find the log entry for the execution of the rule, click the Show More link, and provide us with screen images showing the messages recorded during the rule execution.
How do I set automation to manually trigger? I am doing this first time, so a naive question? Thanks for a quick reply.
BTW, I belong to the group for which the rule I have created. In addition, I also have admin privileges that I acquired recently. In addition the rule is enabled.
When I manually changed the date, the rule showed up. However the date is not updated. I don't know how long it takes to update the date.
Ideally I want autoupdate when a due date for a task is changed. I have created a dependency between two tasks as "is duplicated by" as both tasks needs to move together with a same due date.But for now I want to test the rule if it working properly or not as I am creating the rule first time and so want to run manually. Here is the rule.
On the task where I expect to see due date update, I see the following in the automation rule, and it says Rule "No Action Performed"
I suppose at this moment I am having an issue with "NO ACTIONS PERFORMED". So the rule is encountering error during execution:1. I have Task A and Task B linked.2. I want Due Date for both tasks to be same.3. I want Task B Due Date automatically updated when Task A due date is manually changed.4. I have Task A linked to Task B as "as Duplicated By".5. I have Task B linked to Task A as "Duplicates".
6. I change due date of Task A, I see Rule Execution occur with error NO ACTIONS PERFORMED at Tasks A. I go to Task B, I see Rule Execution occur with same error NO ACTIONS Performed.
7. I change due date of Task B, just for testing, Tasks B shows Rules Execution with same error. Task A however in this case, do not show Rule Excecution.8. Once I get over the error, I can modify links as I needed. Thanks for your help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.