Hey Automation gurus!
I have a few use cases I'm trying to wire up automation rules for, but so far, my testing has not produced the results I'm looking for.
Here are the situations that I'm trying to create rules for.
1. If a bug is moved from a different product area into mine, then auto-assign the bug to me (and send an email)
2. If a bug's status is changed from any status to OPEN within my jira project, then auto-assign the bug to me (and send an email)
3. If a new bug is created in my Jira project, then auto-assign the bug to me and send me an email.
The 3rd requirement is easy, that's just the new issue is created trigger to then edit the assignee field.
I'm struggling with the first two. I created a rule that would auto-assign if a bug is created with a specific product area in that field, but what I thought would work for editing the product area on an existing bug hasn't produced anything.
I'm also not sure how I tell the rule to send an email if the status changes to Open from any other status.
I would really appreciate any help you might be able to give! Thank you so much!