Hi all, wondering if this is possible and how to go about it:
At my biz we use a 'page ID' for each chunk of work we are creating. Sometimes it's in a custom field, sometimes it's in the description/summary. (We can change the way we work if this Jira automation is possible; e.g. always use a custom field, or only use the Summary, etc). But since we have different habits I am wondering if there's a way to just search the ENTIRE issue (e.g. text ~) for a given ID...
Page IDs are fairly unique and look like e.g. 012-345, 111-222, etc
What I'd like to do, is link new (or current, if possible using some other trigger?!) Issues to their overarching Stories (but we might be missing a few Stories from the Board before other Issues get logged with the page IDs)
I.e. so that whenever an issue is logged/updated, if it cross-references the overarching Story and if it's there, linkes to it (so all releated issues are collected in one place automatically).
E.g. "New Issue 123-456" gets auto-linked to "Story about 123-456" upon creation (if such a Story exists).
Is this even possible?! If so, how would I go about it? Thank you in advance.