In an automation, I can't edit a custom field.
Beginning of automation and log
Automation edit action
Custom field context
Hello @Phil Bustin
Is the issue in a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?
Who have you set as the Actor on the rule?
If you view the specified issue directly can you edit the field?
Your question reminded me: I don't know for sure if the field is on the screen, but I think it is. That raises another question I almost posted: What steps can I follow to find the view/edit/default screen so I can add the field? Also, my Dashboard that contains the project and displays the field seems to be evidence that the field is already there. I have to find the screen and make sure the field is there; and if not, add it. I have many questions, but finding the screen should resolve them.
Also, I modified the trigger action (and edited the post with updated screen shots showing the new automation version), because although the automation worked once, with the trigger based on a field change, it has not worked in subsequent tests. Now it's working again with the trigger based on a status change, followed by the condition in both versions, that the field value = yes.
What steps can I follow to find the view/edit/default screen so I can add the field?
If it is a Company Managed project go to Project Settings > Issues > Screens. That will show you the Issue Type Screen Scheme for your project, listing the Screen Scheme(s) used by the issue types in the project. Expand the Screen Scheme for the issue type to see links to the Screens used for the various issue operations.
You may also want to Layout option under Project Settings > Issues, to confirm the field is on the screen.
And you may want to review the Field Configuration to ensure that the field is included and not marked as Hidden.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.