I would like to add a custom a new context to a custom field.
I want to add different default values for this field, depednign on what issue type it is in.
I want to apply this to all projects, but it seems its not letting me. Any tips?
Hi Sebastian,
There is not a concept of having a shared Context for use with multiple custom fields in Jira. You will need to edit the existing Configuration for the Context for each custom field.
That is unfortunate. Does in that case, it makes more sense to create 5 custom fields and assign them to 5 different issue types?
It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Are the fields intended to be seen on one or two projects (or a handful) only? Are they only associated with certain Issue types?
Hi @John Funk thanks for your input.
I am inteding to use a custom field called Instructions, that wil be shown on multilple projects.
I would like that custom field to show a different default value depending on what issue type I am showing it in.
I am adding some instructions and a hyperlink.
When I click on new context
A Global option is not present.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.