Is there a way to manually Clone a Jira Service Desk project ticket to another internal project?
Hi @Rachel Hafley
You could write a manually triggered automation to do the clone of JSM ticket to a JSW/JWM project.
Hi Rachel,
Of course! Create an automation rule based on a Manual Trigger. See the example below.
Hello @Rachel Hafley
What do you need to clone exactly? Some fields? Comments? Attachments? Everything?
Maybe we could help better with some more informations : )
Regards!
Thanks John. I'm having an issue when I attempt to Publish my manual trigger. It flags the "When Manually triggered" step with a red error triangle. I'm not sure what the error is. I initially thought it was due to being restricted to our Jira Service Agents group, but I opened it up so anyone could use it and I am still getting the error. Any ideas what I have not configured right?
Thank you for the suggestion!
Maybe because some users do not have the permission to create issues on the new project?
If you are willing to use a third-party app, our Deep Clone for Jira can make it really easy for you to clone your issues from the Jira Service Management to your internal project.
The app will also clone your comments, which might be useful for Jira Service Management issues.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.