Hello
I have a question, which may be absurd, but I can't find a solution.
I don't understand how an automated task can be launched manually. I was expecting a button like run rule but it doesn't appear and the explanations I find here I don't understand.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/test-a-jira-automation-rule-using-the-manual-trigger/
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-triggers/#Jiraautomationtriggers-Manual
Any help?
Hi @Jorge Alastuey ,
First of all, an automation rule can be triggered automatically by an event, or manually from the issue detail screen.
An automatic automation rule can not be triggered manually from within the ticket.
Manual automation rules can be triggered from the issue detail screen, from the button "Actions" in the top right of the screen.
Best regards,
Kris
Hi Jorge - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Click on the Actions dropdown next to the issue status. There you will see the Automation Rules you can manually run.
Hi @Jorge Alastuey welcome to the community. On a JSM ticket, if the Automation is setup that it can be triggered manually, you will see next to the status indicator, an Actions dropdown. Your manually triggered automation should show up in this dropdown. I use that manual trigger for Automations I'm still working through.
Hope that helps.
Hello and thank you for answering both.
I know that a series of things can be triggered through automation within a task. In my case, when I go to that part, the one with actions within the task, I don't see the automations. It suggests that I create one, but I don't see the ones I have and that I have created with the launcher you mentioned.
Perhaps it may take some time to appear, but I don't think so.
Something is happening because it's not visible.
A caption maybe help
Have you created the the automation rule with a manual trigger ? It will only appear in that case. If you created an automation rule with a different trigger (ex. issue created, or value change) it will not appear in that action list.
This one for example
Thanks John!
You are very welcome.
But before closing this thread, I would like to know why all user types have to see that automation. I understand it might be a permission configuration issue, but I am the super admin at the moment and I didn't see it unless it's set up that way for everyone.
Any ideas?
Thank you all for your promptness.
Super admin still has to abide by the Permission scheme associated with the project. There really is not "super" admin who can do anything he wants at anytime.
You don't have to set the trigger to "All users". You can set it to a specific usergroup. But offcourse you will have to be part of that usergroup in order to be able to trigger the automation rule.
I presume that was your initial problem. You were not part of the usergroup set in the automation rule.
I have yet to see certain things at Jira 😅
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.