in canned responses when I choose the issue reporter it bring up the full name of the user,
I only want the first name to appear. Is there is a cut function or something to edit the variable?
@Faris Ishag
Canned Responses it's still a new feature. For now, is not possible add other jira variables or getting only the reporter first name for the variable presented while you creating a canned response.
You can open a ticket for Atlassian Support and maybe your ticket turns a suggestion to be considered on Atlassian Roadmap as a new feature.
@Faris Ishag -
In addition to what @Fernando Eugênio da Silva suggested, you may be able to use automation rule with local variable creation and store the user's display name (via smart value) + substringBefore(String separator) (to get the first name of the user by using the separator of space, it is typically the display name is stored in the system as first name <space> last name etc..). Once you populate the local variable that you defined, then you can use it in the send email action within the automation rule.
Here is the links on smart values usages -
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-users/
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-text-fields/
Give that a try, hope this helps while waiting for Atlassian Support's response to your support request.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Thanks Fernando, I will send them a ticket.
Brilliant! I didn't know you can do that.
Thank you a lot Joseph.
Hi Joseph
I do not understand your answer.
What would it look like if i wanted to only store the first name? For now the only thing possible is {{creator.displayName}} if you ask me.
Best Gustav
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.