Hello,
I have two separate project boards, and I am using workflow automations to copy stories from one project to another based on the department responsible for completing the story. And I cannot seem to figure out how to code/automate the update of the Epic Links from one project to another.
Ex. Project A has a story that they need help from Project B to complete.
So the story on Project A has all fields assigned and coded to a particular Epic (SFSD-2) (Assignee/Epic/Reporter/Description/Dept resp/etc) - and we have it coded when status is transitioned to 'x', a new story is created on Project B board with all pertinent information copied over.
But Project B board has a different Epic Link assigned for them (SL-2093) and the product owner would like all stories on Project B board to reflect their own Epics automatically - and not have to reassign them if possible. (Epics have the same name, just diff Epic Links)
I cannot seem to figure out in the automation rules, what triggers and coding I should use to ensure this happens correctly.
I would expect that Project A Epic "Rev.io Go-Live" (SFSD-2) would be able to be edited through automation to update on Project B to Epic "Rev.io Go-Live" (SL-2093).
Any thoughts on how to properly accomplish this? I'm open to all suggestions.
Thanks in Advance!