Hi all,
Is it possible to create dummy users for training site projects to simulate real life situations like assigning to different persons, making boards and swimlines, making teams etc.?
Hi, @Jarmo
Yes, it is possible to create dummy users for training site projects in Jira Cloud to simulate real-life situations. Jira Cloud provides the functionality to add and manage users within a project.
To create dummy users, you can follow these steps:
Once you have created the dummy users, you can utilize them in your training site projects by assigning issues to different users, creating boards and swimlanes with specific user filters, and forming teams with the dummy users as members. This will allow you to simulate various scenarios and test how your project behaves in real-life situations.
Note that dummy users do not receive actual notifications or emails from Jira Cloud, so you can safely use fictional email addresses without affecting any real users.
HI thanks for the fast reply!
but...I am bit confused now
3.In the left-hand sidebar, under the "User management" section, click on "Users." There is no "User management" listed? on the left-handsidebar
Anyways I tried that search jira admin button With that search "user management" and got directed to Directory where I can create users so I did create 4 users. Fine
Now I try to create new users the same way and when I do same steps I get list of users what I created but not the create users window anymore..?
Heh I will check and come back laters.
Thanks anyways so far!
Sorry, of course "right-handed"
Hi @Jarmo ,
You could create a free instance up to 10 users, if that's an acceptable solution for training.
Hello there. Having the same issue. Wanting to create users for my third-party vendors so I can assign tickets to them and make it easier for other stakeholders to track, however "4. Click on the "Create Users" button" does not exist. Only "Invite" does.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Hi there,
can I add dummy users without having to provide an email?
The purpose of adding dummy users for me is to not have to invite real users (which I have to do if email is a mandatory field unless I wanna create a bunch of fake emails)
I want to create dummy users to try out apps like tempo planning.
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.