I would like the email address as the unique identifier. How do I prohibit multiple request for a specific email address (not the person submitting the ticket)?
Hello @DeAnne Russ
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
I'm not sure I understand your question. Can you provide more information about your use case?
How are these issues being created?
We are trying to streamline the process for onboarding folks to projects. We've asked the PMs to include the resource name, project name, email address and etc for the resource that is being onboarded. We would like to prohibit multiple records for the same resource. We have the same folks that are onboarded and offboarded to different projects. If we currently have their information, we would like to update the project information instead of a new record being created. We would like a message stating the email address is not unique or the resource is currently assigned to a project. Also, there's a possibility that the resource could be assigned to work on multiple projects at once.
I'm new to JIRA and trying to figure how to navigate it.
Thanks for you help.
Have you set up your issue types and custom fields?
How are the issues created? Are your PMs creating the issues directly in Jira or sending emails to have the issue created?
Are you using the Jira Software, Jira Work Management, or Jira Service Management product for tracking these requests?
Natively it will not be possible to check if the email address exists in other issues during the creation of a new issue, and prevent the creation of that issue. It might be possible to do so with third party apps.
It would be possible natively to check for duplicates after the subsequent issues are created, and take action based on that.
Hi Trudy,
Thanks for the information.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.