Hi all,
Hope someone can help me with my question.
I got a requirement where the service desk tickets: Incidents/Service Requests/Problem, would carry its own issue key. For example an incident ticket will have INC-123; and a service request ticket will have SR-124 and so on. And all tickets in just one project.
I created a custom field to store "INC" or "SR" or "PB" based on issue type. Then I created an automation with IF/ELSE conditions when issue is created. The automation is to add a suffix on the Summary field as "PRJ-123INC-Short summary of incident". Where:
- PRJ is the project key
- 123 is the key sequence number
- INC stands for incident
- and the rest is the text in Summary field.
But the business wanted to have PRJ to be replaced with INC in the Summary field. What will be the smart value to extract the numbers in the issue key and prefix it with the custom field I created? I gone as far as... {{customfield_10221}}-((issue.key}} , but this also takes the PRJ part.
Regards,