When a field is empty and has the default value "None", I want it to be hidden. But if it is populated I want it to be shown under "Description fields". Is that possible?
Hi @vasileios.ntelopoulos
You can hide it if it's empty, but if they're filled in, they're visible in the Details group, as explained here.
To hide go to Project Settings > Request Types > Choose Request.Then go to "Issue View" and scroll down to "Hidden when empty fields"Choose the fields you want to hide and drag.
I hope it helps!
Regards,
Anthony
That is not possible with out-of-the-box features of Jira, and there are several suggestions related to improving the display of empty fields. Some of these have work-arounds to try updating the site banner, although that does not appear to always work for some browsers.
Kind regards,Bill
Hey @vasileios.ntelopoulosI am a product manager on Jira Issue View. I'm looking at hidden when empty behaviour for the issue view and would love to chat about your use case. If you are able to book a time in my calender for a quick 30 min session that would be great. Thanks, Ahmud
I am having this issue as well. There is no information entered into the field but it shows up on Issue View with the grayed out 'None'.
Were you able to get this resolved?
Thank you
I was able to figure it out.
@vasileios.ntelopoulosI have a similar use case if you are still looking for feedback.
My use case:
I have a custom field called "Closed By" which is populated when the ticket is closed. I want to display this to the Reporter only when it is not empty. It is not a field that the Reporter should see when creating a request.
I also have a Custom Form with the appropriate fields that I want to show to the Reporter.
My problem:
Possible Solutions:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.