Heyyyy there,
It seems that if I create an issue inside a branch (specifically in my case in an IF/ELSE block), I cannot use {{createdIssue}} or {{createdIssues}} to reference it once I am back outside of that branch.
The main trunk does not have access to the smart values of issues created in the branch.
Similarly, when creating a lookup table in a branch, it is not accessible to the main trunk, so I can't send data back that way.
Am I missing something? It seems to me that if the docs say that {{createdIssues}} is "A list of issues that have been created in the rule." then it should be just that. Currently, it seems that it is "A list of issues that have been created in the rule EXCEPT for all the issues that may have been created in branches".
I get why it's happening, but it seems like many people would need this to work, so I'm guessing I am overlooking something, or there's a workaround I am not thinking of.
My automation is to create several issues inside an Epic, triggered when the Epic is created. Those issues are sometimes created in IF/ELSE blocks. Each issue created must be blocked by the previous one which is easy to configure using {{createdIssue.key}}. But if the previous issue was created in a branch, I cannot link to it (as blocking) because {{createdIssue.key}} is NOT the latest issue created in the rule, it's instead the latest issue created in the main trunk.
Thanks for any guidance, I'm kinda new at this.