I have created a "Printer Faults" request, based on the Service Request issue type. The request allows customers to log a ticket where they select a printer from a list of assets, and describe the fault.
What I would like to happen when the request is created is for an email to be sent to a single email address, merging printer information taken from the asset attributes, and including the fault description. This email would go to the external company that deal with our printer faults. The external company is not set up as a Jira customer, so alternatively the email could go to an agent and a MS Exchange rule could forward it to the company.
I cannot find any way in Jira to set up an email notification for a particular request or issue type. I think I would need to set up a new notification template with the asset attributes as merge fields, but again I can't see a way to do this.
Is what I'm asking actually possible? Any advice gratefully received!