Hi,
I want to create a custom workflow post function that will set a custom field in the ticket to the values of the issue reporter's department.
How do I do it?
Hi Ashwini,
I think you asked a similar question in another section of Community. But in a nutshell, you will need to be able to have a source accessible to Jira for that information. Jira does not natively pull values about a user from exterior sources.
However, I have some clients that have successfully used the Azure AD Attributes app from the Atlassian Marketplace to pull Department/Location and Leader information from their Azure AD environment and populate a custom field in Jira using a post function on Create of the issue.
Where is the issue reporter's department information stored?
The department is stored in the Atlassian's id.atlassian.com profile.
Thanks, John.
We are using some scripts to store users' properties like employee ID, and manager email in the user's custom properties given in https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/update-roles-and-properties-for-jira-users/
If we can use these values in automation without any app, that would be great!
To my knowledge these are not currently available to the API for automation rules.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.