Problem: I have multiple custom fields in a company-managed project that I am looking to:
- take the qualitative value from a drop-down menu of options
- translate that value to a quantitative value
- sum those values and assign that value to another custom field
Context:
The 2 custom fields that I have are both drop downs and contain these values:
- T-shirt size (custom field): small, medium, large, extra large (Drop down values)
- T-shirt Color (custom field): red, green, blue (Drop down values)
Intended End Goal Solution:
What I would like to do, using JIRA's automation if possible, is translate those qualitative values to quantitative values.
- So, if I were to choose "medium" for T-shirt size, I would like to translate that to a value of 2
- And if I were to choose "red" for T-shirt Color, I would like to translate that to a value of 1
- Then I would like to add those two values together, 2+1=3, and assign that value of 3 to a new custom field of T-shirt Estimation
Does anyone know how to solve the problem above with the context that I have given via JIRA automation and smart values?