Hello,
So basicly there are a few things that i check every morning or every friday. Is there any way to create a scheduled job for it like it creates the job automaticly and assigns it to me? Thanks for the help
Hi Onur - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I am pretty sure that could be done. Can you provide some more details so that we can give you a better solution?
So basicly i am controlling & updating an excel file every friday. For that, i create a job for that so my manager can see that im doing this. But sometimes i may be busy and forget about that so if i could create the jobs automaticly (like create the job every friday morning) and assign it to me, then i wont forget and spend time on creating job.
Sure - you can create an Automation Rule with a Scheduled Trigger to run every Friday.
Then add a new action for Create Issue. List yourself as the Assignee and any other fields that you want to have filled out for you.
Thank you for your answer. I can create job automaticly with the automation but theres one more thing i wonder. when the job is created it automaticly moves to "to do" section. Is it possible to create the issue on "In Progress" or maybe move it after its created?
While I agree with @John Funk's suggestion of using an automation rule, don't forget that there are several apps that can periodically create issues from templates!
Because those are more purpose-built, I'd suggest that you try those if the "create issue" automation action doesn't give you all the features you need. (The scheduled trigger should support everything you need, that's why I don't mention that part.)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.