I'm trying to group my customers by projects.
If they have premium support they can log tickets in the premium project.
If they have standard support they can log tickets in the standard project.
If they have basic support they can log tickets in the basic project.
I found that I can do this through permissions schemes. I create a new permission scheme for each project.
I then revoke the Browse permission for my project for 'Service Desk Customer - Portal Access'.
After this, I can get JIRA to stop complaining:
Permission scheme error - The Service Desk Customer - Portal Access security type must be assigned to:
How can I make JIRA okay with me setting these permissions?
Or is there another way to control access of users to projects?
As it is, this is still a major hack, because I have to add back permissions on an individual basis. Since I can't group 'portal access' customers. But at least it has the desired effect of hiding projects from customers that don't have rights to submit tickets in them.
Any guidance appreciated.