Currently I just resolve the issue then respond to the customer with a Case Closed canned response.... Id like the option to have the canned response avalaible when I click the resolve Issue button. Can anyone tell me if that is possible ? If so Can you provide instruction on how I can accomplish that?
@James Hammond Welcome to the Atlassian community
If you are using the same canned response for all resolved issues the easiest thing would be to update the request resolved notification to include the response. Then you would not need to do anything more than resolve the issue.
You could use an automation to add the comment as well.
Since I came here because I'm having the same question and @Brant Schroeder indicated that it's not possible to show the canned response button on the resolution form, I would suggest this workaround:
1. Create canned responses with consistent language like "We've resolved your issue" or "The following should resolve your issue."
2. Then, create an automation that triggers off those phrases in the applicable canned responses, moves the workflow to "Resolved," and sets the resolved reason to "Done" (or whatever your specific need requires).
[N00B EDIT]
3. I didn't realize that you can't include the latest comment in the "Resolved" email (wow..) so I ended up turning off both the Issue Commented and the Resolved email and created automations to send them instead.
While I appreciate the response, The canned response would be a structure or template ... I'd add unique text in each case closure.
@James Hammond Then you will need to add a comment on the issue to use the canned response functionality.
Really?
This would send 2 emails and the "resolve" modal requires a comment response as well.. this is really dumb functionality
This would affect all users and change their workflow correct? Im trying to avoid that because they would not like this.
@James Hammond as for global, yes and no.
I'd suggest turning off the global "resolved" email, then using the same Send Email action approach for resolved emails by using mutually exclusive conditions, i.e. "when group is X, send resolved email with most recent comment" and "when group is not X, send resolved email without comments"
As a workaround I just use 'Auto Hot Key' software and wrote my script responses.
Just want to add a link to an open Atlassian Suggestion ticket if you want to vote/watch
JSDCLOUD-12765
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.