I want to create a custom field that holds a predefined clickable URL as its only value. The goal is for users to be able to see the field on the View screen of an issue, and click the URL link in the field value, and be taken to that web page.
For context - the URL is a link to a web page that users need to reference constantly. I’m hoping to make the custom field so that users can get to this page directly from a Jira ticket, instead of having to bookmark it in their browser, where it gets lost among other bookmarks.
This is across all of our projects, so using Project Pages to hold the link isn’t really feasible.
I can’t seem to find a way to create a custom field with a predefined value that’s also a clickable link. Is this possible??
The workaround I’ve thought of is to create an automation rule that populates the custom field with the URL value when the ticket is created. But I’d like to see if anyone has a better method.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!