I went through many different forum questions but none seem to address my particular issue.
Our Customer Support center has moved over to JSM as their ticketing system. All their tickets are emailed requests from external customers. Some of their tickets are generated by automated means (ex. requesting a refund button) which sends these requests from the same email (refunds@_____.com) but the replies should be going to the customer directly. On the old system, our agents could simply replace the refund email with the email of the customer to reply. JSM will not allow them to enter the email address of the customer. Instead, it seems to require adding that email as a customer so they will appear in the dropdown which is not practical given the volume that they handle, and creating new tickets for each request is also very time-consuming. I have gone into permissions and groups and nothing seems to allow them to manually add a new email as the reporter.
I would greatly appreciate feedback or information to let me know if this is even possible to resolve.