Hi.
Cannot create Epic with message "System is required" in Timeline.
Shows a message: "Something went wrong. System is required".
Maybe you have solution to this problem?
Hi @Jekaterina , welcome to the community and thanks for your question.
In this case, the message 'System is required' refers to a required field in the Epic issue. Please can you check the screen, fill in a value and try to see if you are able to create an Epic?
Please reply to this thread if you have more questions.
Cheers
I'm trying to create it in Timeline (Roadmap) where I need to fill in only name of the epic. But when I press Enter, I get this error message "System is required".
Previously it all worked fine, now such approach isn't working.
can you create the same issue tyoe in the same project not via timeline?
in the create issue dialogue, is there some field marked as mandatory with a red *
Yes, I can create epic/task in the same project not via timeline.
In the create issue dialogue, is there some field marked as mandatory with a red * - yes, there are.
Hi @Jekaterina , it sounds like someone changed the settings for the Epics to make the System field required. Please contact your Jira instance adminstrator, who should be able to help you get this cleared up, or at least explain why the change was made.
I asked the main admin if changes were made but maybe there are some other explanations why this could happen? Maybe some updates which were made by Jira?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.