Hi there! I've used Jira before as a contributor, but this is my first time setting up a new project. I've learned that we're possibly getting licenses for Jira, and I wanted to know which product would be best for us. I have no idea which version we used previously.
We're a sales enablement team that gets news articles from other departments to share with the broad sales team. I'd like to use Jira for this process:
1. Content contributor fills out a form (name, email, and link to article)
2. This creates a ticket in the backlog, where I approve or reject the article (notifying the content contributor). If approved, I can add various tags: priority (is it critical news that impacts peoples' jobs, or a small update to Salesforce?), assignee, publication date, etc.
3. As the ticket moves through our editorial process, content contributors are notified of updates.
I know both support forms, but I don't know which one is best. I considered making a case for Jira Service Management, but it seemed like overkill. JSM seems to be geared toward fixing problems (bugs, customer service issues, etc.) while we just want to communicate approvals/rejections and allow content contributors to follow where their article is in the editorial process.
What program is best for this?