I want to create a Jira ticket using Confiforms. I want the Project Key not to be defined in the IFTTT. Instead, I hope to have the user input the key and create the issue in their Jira Project. Is this achievable?
Hi @Michael L and welcome this community
Every project in Jira is unique, and has different fields and issue types
That is why ConfiForms has a Jira issue mapper that can help you to define the mappings for different projects/issue types.. and you will need to do that for every project/issue type you want to support in your ConfiForms form to create a Jira issue
Alex
You cannot impose an issue key on Jira, the only way it can work is for Jira to generate a new one when a new issue is created.
Is there a way to capture the Jira key in one form in confluence and then use that in another form to create a Jira Issue?
Not sure I understand what you want to do. You can obviously ask for the Jira issue key in the form's input fields... but what do you want to do with it and how the "other form" should know what has been captured in the first form?
I would like to use confiforms to create a Jira Issue, however that Jira Issue/ticket can be in multiple projects. I would like the user to indicate which project they will be creating the jira issue in. I'm following this guide: https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Creating+Jira+issue+from+Confluence+with+ConfiForms The only problem is the Jira issue can be created in different projects, so I can't define the project key in the IFTTT
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.