Hi everyone,
could you please help me to tackle this issue. I have added custom sub-task but it wont show up. What's problem? I have also added it in all issue type schemes but it still only shows the default one.https://imgur.com/LLSjnOY
https://imgur.com/WoQRX6vhttps://imgur.com/u3IDmqr
Hello @BenWade
This image you provided
https://imgur.com/9Yeg18P
...tells me that you are using a Team Managed project. You can confirm that by looking at the bottom of that panel where it will say either "team-managed" or "company-managed".
With Team Managed projects you actually cannot add multiple types of Subtasks.
In that image if you click on Issue Types you will see the types of issues available in your project. Here is an example:
While you can add issue types to this type of project, you can only add at the middle level where you see Bug, Story, and Task, in my example image.
For more information about managing issue types in Team Managed projects refer to:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/set-up-issue-types-in-team-managed-projects/
If you added a new issue type by going to Settings > Issues > Sub-tasks, then those are the subtask issue types that can be used only in Company Managed projects.
Are the two subtasks associated with same workflow ? If no, you have to make a "Move" operation to change its type(and by the way map its status to the target one if they are different)
However, assuming anything is set correctly, you should see the new subtask type no matter what when you try to create a new subtask from the parent ticket.
Kind regards.
Thank you for your quick reply. In terms of workflow, it is empty https://imgur.com/uA9UYF4
However, if I add custom issue similar to default task, bug or story it shows up, but as a sub task not. Could you please tell me step by step how to perform this as I am a newbie and do not quite understand: “make a "Move" operation to change its type(and by the way map its status to the target one if they are different)”?
With regard to the question about workflows, go to your Project Settings and select the Workflows option.
Do you see the two subtask types listed for the same workflow, similar to what is shown here?
My project settings don't include “workflows”. Maybe because I use the web version of Jira? https://imgur.com/9Yeg18P
Workflows in my case are located under settings->issues->workflows and it's empty https://imgur.com/20X3ofy
Yes, Trudy. You are completely right, I use team managed. I switched to company-managed. Everything works like a charm now.
@meliodas16 @Trudy P Claspill Thank you for your help guys 🙏🙏🙏
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.