I have a project in which we need to calculate the issue priority based on the selection of other custom fields. The field values for selection are in ASCII text, but I need to assign a numerical value to them and then average the custom fields together at the end.
This is probably easiest broken down into 2 parts. The first part would be assigning a "score" to a custom field based on selection. E.g.
Option | Description | Score
Selection | Score |
0 - None | 25 |
1 - Low | 50 |
2 - Medium | 75 |
3 - High | 100 |
These are required fields, so the user needs to select an option before the issue can be created.
Once the field is selected, I need to assign it a score. My understanding is that I could do this through automation using smart values to assign the appropriate value but am having difficulty creating that through the automation section of the project. (I'm only a project admin, so options are limited.
The second piece would be, once all the "scores" are assigned, to divide the score by a different number to arrive at the weighted arithmetic mean. Since I can weight the score in the smart value, I'm assuming this is a simple arithmetic operation after assigning score?
I did review other posts online and in this forum, but most of them used the JWA, which we do not have available in our instance/project.