A common task on my team is to offboard an employee at a specific date and time in the future. Our HR department creates a ticket, and they use a custom field to specify the date and time that the offboarding should take place.
I would like to somehow set SLA requirements related to that date and time. Right now I have an SLA rule that says "If this is an offboarding issue, then set the SLA to 30 calendar days," and then just keep track of when the actual offboarding takes place.
It's much the same for onboardings, I want the SLA to be the first day of employment. I have several other examples of tickets that are created now for things that need to be done at a specific day in the future.
I would like to leverage the SLA breach automation to alert when these ticket is due. Or use some other automation to alert on this.
Any suggestions? I really don't want to create an automation that fires every hour and checks the due date..