I have added a required field to both my company and team managed projects so that when a team creates an net new issue they have to populate that field. I have also been able to modify the workflow using the Validator for Company Managed and Rule for Team Managed that either hides the Done status or will not allow a user to transition to Done until the field has been updated.
We are doing this for reporting purposes as our leadership once to see how all work is being completed and what group its being tied to. The issue that I ran into is that I am not able to make a user update an existing issue that is sitting in a status other then Done. A user will often go in and make updates to the comments or work and I want to be able have them populate that field before the can make the update.
Is there a way to make a field required in an existing edit view?
thank you in advance