In one of the projects I have the following setup of issue types:
Release->Sub-Task/Milestone
When importing the CSV (via External System Import) the Sub-tasks are imported but for the Milestione I have an error
2023-06-23 12:48:47,367 INFO - Importing issue: [externalId='autoid-37409307495451049', summary='Wave 2- Release 2023.08']
2023-06-23 12:48:47,414 ERROR - Error importing issue [externalId='autoid-37409307495451049', summary='Wave 2- Release 2023.08']: Unable to create issue: Wave 2- Release 2023.08
When I change the Issue Type in the CSV from Milestone to Sub-Taks it works as expected. It does not work also for the non-admin CSV import.
-----------------------
In the meantime, I have added an extra sub-task called (Test) and it works
The Milestone still does not
-----------------------
Found the problem:
We have a Validator set for the Create transition using Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (JMWE).
issue.parent.issueType.name == "Release"
Here is an error msg from logs:
Evaluation failed: "issue.parent.issueType" - Unrecognized property of `issue.parent`: "issueType" ('issueType'). Type null does not have any properties
And.. I am not sure how to deal with it - I can not remove the validator and it is working when I manually create the Milestone sub-taks.