In joining my current B2B company as Product Manager I am struggling to draw product themes and trends out of our customer support tickets that would help me and the team prioritise areas of focus. (approx 200 new tickets per week).
It's a historic Jira set up with coding best suited to issue resolution but not so much for ongoing product improvement / historic trend analysis.
In this context I find I am heavily reliant on textual analysis and it's only me doing this manually at present. So occasionally I dump a sample set into Excel and manually analyse the text and create my own themes.
This is quite fatiguing, and I expect some analytics tools or ML engines are out there that could help me, atleast with ad hoc sample analysis to help me get the right categorisations in place.
I am not aware that Jira does this natively nor have I seen any plugins.
Eventually I hope this analysis will help us to create the correct tags / field options in Jira to better manage going forward.
Does anyone else have this challenge and how do you solve? Thanks.
(EDIT - bonus points for ideas from people familiar with working within the constraints of GDPR!)