I added a test external user in a specific group, but once the external user logs in, all he can see are his requests. Can the external user see/comment on other requests?
Hi George - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Create an Organization then add the user to that Organization. Then add the Organization to all tickets the the user should see.
@George , Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Basically, external user will only be able to see and comment on other requests if they have a Jira license associated with their profile and permissions on the target project.
Other than that, he will only be able to see and comment on requests where he is being added as a 'Request participant'
@Fernando Eugênio da Silva thanks for the simple instruction. I have added the test user on an issue as a participant but it still is not showing on the portal of that test user. The test user only received an email that he is added as a participant. Is there something else I have to do? I don't want to give a license just yet for the test external users if that can done.
Thanks John, that helped.
@Fernando Eugênio da Silva thanks. I ended up adding the test user with a license, and that does it. I appreciate the clear cut instructions.
Great! Glad that helped.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.