We are planning to move from Asana to Jira. For this we are trying to migrate our existing projects from Asana using the CSV importer option in Jira. I proceeded in creating a dummy project in Asana as well in Jira then I tried to import the CSV file generated from Asana with the importer feature in Jira but I am not able to see any of the tasks and I keep getting some error messages. See attachment of the error messages as well as the logs
We don't want to take premium support plan we do not have so much project on Asana yet.
I will be nice if I can get a solid step by step guild on how to go about the importation.
Best regards,
Oluwaseun
Hi @Oluwaseun Adedeji
The first error is saying that user you are trying to reference in the system does not exist. My guess is the user exists, but you aren't referencing it correctly.
For any system field that is a user type, we support:
email
Atlassian Account ID
The second error is how your dates are formatted in the CSV compared to what Jira wants you to format them as.
So your date of 2023-06-21 should look like 21/06/2023 in the CSV file.
Thank you for your prompt response @Tim Perrault However, after changing the date format, I still get this error message. See attached screenshot.
I look forward to your support again.
Kind regards,
I will also like to include that the attachment and the comments are not importing.
That doesn't look right. When you open a CSV file in excel, excel should be able to handle the file so that each field is a different column.
Please take a look at the documentation for importing data from a CSV
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.