Hello everyone,
I am currently using Jira Cloud and i am using a team managed project.
I am looking for a way to automatically link issues based on the similarity of their summaries. Specifically, when a new issue is created in the 'Operations' project, I want to automatically link it to any existing issues in the 'Rental Properties' project that have a similar summary. I define 'similar' as having around a 50% match in the text.
The direction of the linking is not a primary concern as long as I can see the linked issues from the 'Rental Properties' project. The automation should run every time a new issue is created in the 'Operations' project, and the linked issues should only be those that are currently in 'To Do' status. If possible, I'd like the new issue to be linked to all matching issues in the 'Rental Properties' project.
I have explored a few different options, including using Jira's built-in automation tools and the ScriptRunner add-on, but I haven't found a solution that meets all of my needs. Manual linking is not an ideal solution due to the volume of issues.
Any guidance or suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.