Hi all,
Does anyone know if you can create recurring Epics using Global automation that also consist of tasks?
I can create the epic fine but how would I add the tasks inside of there?
Hi Tom - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You would actually want to Clone the Epic and all of its children. The Marketplace app Deep Clone is probably the best thing to use.
Thanks for the speedy reply John!
Are you saying there's no way to achieve this with just the built-in global automation section? I'm halfway there with the Epic being created I just need it to create some tasks for me inside of that Epic too.
FYI this is for recurring tasks such as sysadmin checks, I'd rather not have to clone anything and just schedule the Jiras to create themselves on a schedule.
Here's what I have so far:
Sure you can do that. I would add a custom field or some value to the Epic when you create it.
Then I would create a second rule that when an Issue Created and Condition for issue type = Epic then add a new action for Create issue for each child issue to create.
In the child creates be sure to include the Epic Link field and use this code:
{{triggerIssue.key}}
Sorry I'm new to Jira.
I've added a new label to the Epic which will hopefully qualify as the "custom field or value" you mentioned?
Does there need to be a second rule or can I just add the tasks as a component?
I am not following how to edit the Epic link field:
Hi @Tom Stevenson
I believe you can create the epic in the rule, and then either...
Kind regards,Bill
Hi BIll,
For option 1 I don't see how to branch to the most recently created issue?
Tom, it looks like you figured out the branch in the thread started by John. Let's stick with that one to try to diagnose this. Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.