We have an app that sends a custom formatted message to Slack during our code building process. This message includes many valuable data points, one of which is the JIRA ticket(s) that the build addresses.
The problem here is that this bot isn't logged in to JIRA, so any previews generated by its messages only show "Log in with Atlassian account" rather than an actual preview. This is not only unhelpful, but it also clutters up the Slack channels with these previews.
I know I can disable previews entirely, or by channel. However, these previews are very useful when real users who are logged into JIRA use them, as the previews actually work then.
Instead, it would be nice if we could do one of two things:
- Allow a custom app/bot to have authorization to view JIRA tickets so previews work (this would be ideal)
- Ability to include something in the link, such as a query parameter, that disables the unfurl for that URL only. We could then have our custom app/bot add that parameter to its links.
If there is another solution I am not thinking about, I am open to them.