Hi Team,
My boss wants me to move the EPIC to Sprint. Is it possible? If yes, Pls guide steps to do that.
Hi @Manoranjith - You should not be adding Epics to a Sprint. That is not standard Agile functionality.
Hi @Manoranjith,
Simply answer - No, Epic can't be in Sprint. You can see this thread.
Pavel
I think most companies use a "sort off" Agile. So not in its pure form.When We think its usefull, it does not matter if its pure agile or not.
Agreed!
sound unnecessarily restrictive. I am in a situation where I need to do this. it happens nobody is perfect so why not allow it?
I have an epic with tasks actively being worked on in the current sprint and no way to show them on the board.
So I cant add an epic but I can add unlimited tasks with subtasks anyway im just not allowed to group them into an epic.
Sound silly to me.
Why use Sprints at all? Just do the work and deploy it.
what kind of condescending insult of a response is that?
You can do it.
Go to the backlog and add the individual tasks from the EPIC into the sprint one by one and then your epic will appear on the sprint board with your tasks in it.
Yup, it's just using a tool to track and communicate work with your team. The tool should not dictate dogma.
To visualize what is in the sprint, you can add the tasks to that sprint, then use "Epics" dropdown on the Swimlanes option. This will group your tasks by Epic so everyone can see which epic is being worked and the progress of each task under that epic.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.