My team and I are tasked with negotiating and drafting agreements between our institution and various outside entities, which involves keeping track of the stages of an agreement-drafting process, identifying bottlenecks and collaborating with other departments.
We use a Gantt diagram in Excel to keep track of our work, but recently we began experimenting with Jira mainly because of the data analytics capabilities that it offers.
I've been trying out these capabilities by generating pie-charts and such in hopes of finding out how many primary issues (agreements) are in Stage A (preliminary negotiations), how many in Stage B (technical evaluation), how many in Stage C (drafting), etc., where each stage corresponds to a Jira status category. However, when Jira generated the graph it took into account the status of secondary issues as well as of primary ones, resulting in graphs with skewed numbers. For example, I ended up with a pie-chart that measures not only how many tasks have Stage A, B, or C as their current status, but also how many sub-tasks have "To-do", "In progress", and "Complete" as their current status, which isn't very helpful for us.
With this in mind, I would like to know how to exclude the status updates of secondary issues from my Jira table's data reports.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.