I am trialing Jira Premium and one of the features I really want to use is having extra issue types at the Epic level.
So I have created a new issue type called 'Problem' at the Epic level in the issue herarchy - the idea being I can have child Bugs (we need a bug fix per supported release).
However:-
1) The new issue type does not have the 'create child issue' icon on it - just create sub-task. But if it is the same level as Epic surely it should have child issues (like Story or Bug) and not sub-tasks. It does not seem to be at the same level as Epic at all?
2) I am unclear about how to link a Bug (child) to the new Problem (parent) issue type. I have added the Parent Link field to Bug and it seems to only allow Problems to be selected - but what if I add more Epic level issue types - how can I validate that the parent is the correct issue type (I usually use JWT for such validations).??