I have set up automation sub-tasks based off selection in a Jira form. The issue is the “No” value. Currently the rule is set: ( if “Android” is selection create sub-task else if “IPhone” is selected create sub-task. Is there an end rule I am missing if “No” is selected do nothing?
Drop-down - Mobile Phone
Hi @Joanna Whitley ,My advice is to use 'Value changes for' as a trigger in the rule with the Iphone/Android selection field. And use the if/else condition as a condition. This way the rule does nothing if no iphone or android is chosen. See screenshot for an example.Regards, MarcoAnd also a good question of @Jack Brickey
Hi @Joanna Whitley ,
can you tell us what fields are being set during the creat actions? The error message seems to imply you are attempting to set the value for a field that doesn't exist in the create screen for subtask Issuetype.
Hello and thank you for responding
currently I have the rule set up:
if “Android” is selection create sub-task
else if “IPhone” is selected create sub-task
The issue showed up because "No" was selected. I do not want the automation to do anything if No is selected
Thank you
Joanna
Thank you, I will try that
Understand but your rule depicted in the image does not reflect your text in the post...so confusing. That said, the rule @Marco Brundel provided should achieve what you have conveyed.
Thank you both for your help. this seems to be working now.
Good to read that it works. Do you want to accept the answer? Thanks.regards, Marco
I have found a better solution. The layout above still created sub-tasks when none was needed. Attached will build a sub-tasks when conduction are met else add a value to audit log but will not create a sub-task.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.