Hello all,
I am stumped as to how to link a new issue type I have created, an initiative, to Epics. I followed this tutorial to create the customer issue type, but then at the bottom, it says I must add the "Parent" field to my issues. I added the existing "parent link" field, but I am stuck after that. WHen I create an epic, the "parent link" field is not showing up. And when I create a story, the "parent link" field is grayed out, and it says I need to use the Epic link. This makes sense for a story, but the story card is literally the only issue where the parent link field even shows up. When I create an initiative, there is no parent link either. Maybe this is the same issue this user faced, but I honestly am not clear on how they solved the answer - their response is not detailed enough https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Parent-Link-not-showing/qaq-p/1724859
It also seems as if I can't change the hierarchy of the Epic in my advanced roadmaps from "1", when I want the initiative to be "1" (see screenshot). I'm not sure this matters.
Am I supposed to rename Epics to "initiatives" and then create a new child issue under that initiative, to get the hierarchies to work? This Feb 2023 post seems to suggest that https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Upcoming-Rename-epics-in-your-company-managed-projects/ba-p/1874726
I am a super admin/have all access rights needed to carry this out.