How do I exit these random Confluences? I am a part of 3 Confluences even after just making my account?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You'll need to ask the owners (admins) of the Confluence's to remove you from them.
Dear Nic
I see several security flaws in this. First of, I do not know the owners (admin). I have no way to track him/ her down. Second of, by allowing random people to join your Confluence is a big security risk. As an example, the Chinesse DCoin Confluence which I was a part of showed a lot of confidential informations like their GitHub and GitLab account, their keys, usernames and password to their websites and Bitcoins and so on.
I think it would be best, if Atlassian tried to fix this and label it as a bug instead of asking it's members to "ask the owners (admins) of the Confluence's to remove you".
Furthermore, if you have any other suggestions on how to remove myself and even more important, how to make sure that other random people will not join my confluence, than I will be happy to hear.
There's no security flaws here.
Your admins are in control of who has access, it is their job to do that. How is that a security flaw?
Let me try and tell you how me having automatically access to multiple different Confluences the second I created this account, without me even having to contact any admins for an invite is a security flaw.
The day I created this account I was automatically embedded into different Confluences without the Admins knowledge nor my own. That is a security flaw in itself. Some of the Confluences I am randomly a part of posts confidential information, please refer back to my previous message
Second thing. I have no contact with any of the admins, nor do they have any contact with me. I can not see who the admin is nor do I have any contact information with any of them. You simply stating "ask the owners (admins) of the Confluence's to remove you" is simply not possible, nor do I want to go through all of my Confluences to manually locate an admin, if I even can, to remove myself. It should be a standard thing to not randomly make your customers a part of random Confluences.
Third thing. For my own sake (and my employees) I sincerely hope that random outsiders can not join my Confluence without any explicit invitation, which I have little faith in considering what I am just experiencing. Since there exist no function to manually leave Confluences and since it is that easy to gain access to other Confluences which can store confidential information. Please, look at the attached screenshot "Capture.PNG" to see why I call this a "security flaw".
Can you now see the security flaw, Nic? Can you see, how I, as an outsider, have access to a random Confluences and now have their password, usernames etc. for different platforms? If you can not see the security risk in this, than I have little faith in your product. Please review this post and all the information I have provided. Have a great day Nic.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.