I have set up an automation rule to prompt a user for comment when a helpdesk ticket is in the status of 'Waiting for Customer' and has not been updated for a week. The rule setting is like this and it is checked once a day

The rule works fine the first time this situation occurs. However, I also want to handle the use case where
1. the customer responds to the prompt
2, we respond to them, and
3. once again the customer does not respond for a week.
I cannot get this use case to work. I tried changing the filter so it only looked for issues between 6 and seven days since the last update and removing the check box to prevent duplicates by only sending once, but this did not solve the problem. Does anyone know how I could solve the use case above using available automation in Jira Service Desk cloud?