I am planning on changing the subdomain for my Confluence instance. I understand that old URLs will redirect to the new ones. Will those redirects continue indefinitely?
Thank you!
Hi @Helen Griffith ,
you can do that as specified here https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/can-i-change-the-url-used-to-access-a-product/
What is your doubt about redirect? All links should be automatically updated on change.
Fabio
Hi Fabio,
I have read all about changing URLs and am ready to do it.
My question is about redirections. Customers may have been sent many links within emails or documents over several years. I have read that old links should still work as they will be redirected.
For example, olddomain.atlassian.net/space/abc123 will redirect to newdomain.atlassian.net/space/abc123
I wanted to know if those redirects will work forever.
Thank you.
redirects should be in place forever. Btw, my suggestion is to ask to Atlassian support https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
Thank you @Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_
@Helen Griffith if you need to customize individual page redirects as well you need an app. We make Redirection by Easy Apps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.